Corona Virus - COVID19
Due to Government & Health Department guidelines, we are currently closed for Group Bookings until further notice. Once guidelines have been changed to permit operations to recommence - we look forward to returning to normal programs as soon as possible.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any queries or concerns.
DEALING WITH CORONAVIRUS IN THE WORKPLACE
Camp Goodenough is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all those attending our venue.
To this end, this policy sets out steps that the Organisation is taking in order to tackle the coronavirus outbreak, alongside expectations that are placed upon our staff and guests.
For the safety of yourself and others at our venue, this policy must be followed at all times.
INFECTION CONTROL MEASURES
We strongly encourage you to follow guidelines from the World Health Organisation on infection control, both whilst at our venue and in your daily life. These include:
frequently cleaning your hands by using alcohol-based hand sanitiser or soap and water
when coughing and sneezing, covering your mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue, throwing this tissue away immediately and washing your hands, and
avoiding close contact with anyone who has fever and cough.
CORONAVIRUS DIAGNOSIS OR EXPOSURE
If you contract the virus :-
If you begin to display symptoms of the virus, you must follow Government guidance to find out what to do next. You must seek medical attention and notify the Camp Management at the earliest opportunity.
In order to protect your fellow guests and our staff, you are required to remain absent from the workplace or leave our venue immediately.
Any Staff members are required to get a medical clearance from a doctor prior to returning to our workplace/ venue.
If you have contact with a confirmed case of the coronavirus
If you have been in contact with someone who has a confirmed case of the coronavirus, as a Staff Member, you are required to notify Management immediately. If you are a proposed guest, you are not permitted to attend the camp until you have a medical clearance from a doctor.
If you have contact with a suspected case of the coronavirus
If you have been in contact with someone who has a suspected case of the coronavirus, you are required to notify the Camp Management immediately.
Even if you are not displaying any symptoms, as a Staff Member, we may take the decision to send you home and require you not to attend work as a safety precaution. As a guest, we would like to protect other guests and our staff and ask that you do not attend the camp.
TEMPORARY BUSINESS CLOSURE
As time progresses, it may become necessary for the business to temporarily reduce or cease operations, for example if someone in the workplace or someone visiting our venue is diagnosed with coronavirus.
Camp Goodenough will do everything possible to continue operating in these circumstances, however ultimately will take the action that is necessary to comply with Government advice and ensure safety of all Staff and Guests at our Venue.
Given the uncertainty due to the effects of COVID19, we offer the following :
School Groups that have paid deposits and confirmed bookings for 2020
We will do everything we can to secure alternate dates later in the year and deposits will be transferred to alternate dates if available in 2020.
School Groups that have not paid deposits
As there is no financial loss to the school, we may offer dates not secured by way of deposit and booking agreement to another school that has paid and returned booking agreements. Bookings are not confirmed until receipt of your deposit and a Booking Agreement.
Schools that have regular permanent bookings for a particular time of the year will not forfeit dates for 2021 if they are unable to attend their regular booking for 2020 due to COVID19.
As 100% of our business is with School Groups only, we are entering very challenging times ahead. NSW Education Department has already cancelled all overnight camps and excursions which has had a dramatic effect on our business and we are endeavouring to support all our staff together with planning alternate options to schools that have committed to us in the long term.
We have temporarily suspended our group booking cancellation policy whereby a group would have been responsible for 50% of the camp fees for estimated numbers booked if they cancel within 4 weeks of their booking dates.
Given the current conditions, this would not be fair or just to impose on schools or parents who are directed by relevant Government & Health Departments.
We do however, reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee for individuals or groups once we have placed orders with suppliers. This is currently 1 week prior to arrival of your group.
For all concerns or queries in the first instance - please contact your School Administration as we are in direct contact with them in the lead up to the camp booking.
Wishing everyone good health during these unprecedented times.